The development process for the flower pots and coffee tables was more complex than you might think. As I progressed through the usual steps I came to realise that there was perhaps a new and different way to produce my forms so after finishing fibreglass moulding and testing the market I began to look into a new method that I called fold moulding.
The process started with getting hands on and learning origami. I took a lot of insipration from products on Etsy and had in mind how to produce the products at the end.[/threecol_two_last][hr]
With the designs on the right route I set about moulding them in fibreglass and working out how the mould would separate. With such complex shapes this was easier than it sounds[/threecol_two] [threecol_one_last][/threecol_one_last][hr]
The moulds were made but there was a better way of doing things. I set about designing and developing a new moulding technique that enabled me to produce faster, easier and at a higher quality using the principle of the inspiration that made the designs what they are.[/threecol_two_last]
The final designs were something I was very pleased with and by the media’s reaction to them I would say they were too. I had managed to create a range of flower pots that challenged moulding techniques and over come traditional concrete moulding problems, proving to myself that there’s always an answer to a problem.[/threecol_two] [threecol_one_last][/threecol_one_last]